' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Christmas Sparkle

Sunday 19 October 2014

Christmas Sparkle

At Christmas with so much competition facing my cards on the mantelpiece, I search for techniques that will make an impact whilst not being too taxing to make! One of the ways to achieve this is to use a different shape or something with a kinetic element.

Having settled for tri-shutter cards, I cut 2 out of a 12x12 (less waste of cardstock compared to A4) and all the designer papers at the same time (quicker overall!).

My first card below is all about the big glittered snowflake matted on pearlescent cardstock. To make it, I stuck some double sided tape (large width) on a piece of cardstock, die-cut it ( Papertrey ink) and then applied white glitter (quite chunky) followed by a very fine bluish glitter. I kept the waste, a star shape, and glittered it gold.
I took this opportunity to use up some very old stash such as the Peel Off sticker and bauble die-cut on the right hand side panel


For the base I used Docrafts Kraft cardstock (the last one of an old pack), the papers are from the Graphic 45 Christmas Emporium collection (an oldie!).
Another look at the card laying flat:
On the reverse side, where the writing will go I have kept things simple, adding only small stamped images (Craft Stamper Freebies):

The elf is coloured in pencils and the baubles in gel pen.

I will post my second card, which I intend to be more vintagey, as soon as I put the finishing touches.

I am entering the Country View CraftsOldie but A goodie and Inkychicks challenges.
Thanks for coming by,

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card with a very interesting shape

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for playing at the Oldie but a Goodie Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! What a gorgeous make! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Countryview Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed this one sorry! Fantastic shaped card, lovely colours and i think this will stand out very well :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tri shutter card, lovely papers and die cut embellishments.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete