' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Fabrication

Friday 2 June 2017

Fabrication

Today I'm showing a cushion cover I made from a length of calico,  with my own fair hands, cut AND sewn as well as decorated! For a step by step visit the Craft Barn blog.

Skilled seamstresses look away now, this is highly unprofessional but my previous covers had been hand sewn and this is an improvement!



Having noticed how the Tim Holtz layered stencils were similar in size to my test squares of fabric, I decided to make up a phone cover with one of them.


I placed the right side onto an old ironing board cover and cut out an equal sized piece.

When finished the inside of the cover has the material side of the ironing board cover, and the foam provides a little bit of cushioning for small falls and prevents scratches in my bag.

Not perfect But I do enjoy having a handcrafted item with me at all times !
Thanks for coming by,


3 comments:

  1. All fantastic

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Christine love this post.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Love them all. The cushion looks like something you would buy from a high end boutique.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete