' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Stencil technique with gel medium

Friday 5 July 2024

Stencil technique with gel medium

Hello crafters!
Today I have a first inspiration make for our Country View Challenge held in the Facebook  group. This month the theme is "Stencil Magic".
With different techniques and mediums, the possibilities are endless...
My tag uses medium with a stencil to preserve a colourful background: 







For the background I used my most colourful Distress Oxide  Inks. 

I then applied gel medium through one of the Tim Holtz Mini stencil set 10 (THMST010).


 
 


When dry I added water splatters, and Distress Oxide spray in Tea dye, wiping the inks off the gel medium. 

The focal image is a Paper Doll accompanied by several Field Notes Snippets, a doily die-cut and a butterfly die-cut from an inking session leftover piece of card. I also gave my lady a bit of tissue tape (old Ideology/Tim Holtz) to stand on, coloured with inks.

I added some liquid glass beads which came out yellow as they picked up the underlying tea dye pigment rather than stay clear...
Not for the faint hearted but instead of a light coloured spray you can use a dark ink instead for maximum contrast.


To enter the challenge, hop on to our friendly group here and upload your project to the challenge album. You could win the FULL set of newly released Ranger/Tim Holtz® Distress Spritz 😲, yes you hear that right the FULL set... so what are you waiting for!!!


Thanks for coming by,

 Craftyfield     I am entering the Allsorts and We Love To Create challenges

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully done Christine, vintage but still with lots of summery colours, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great technique for this beautiful tag and gorgeous colors too! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful tag! I've never used this gel medium technique before, it looks like fun and I love the effect with your colourful swirls ☺️. Wishing you well! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gel medium resist. I've used clear embossing but must try it this way x

    ReplyDelete