' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Inspired by Elaine

Saturday 18 January 2014

Inspired by Elaine

Elaine is guesting on the Paper Artsy blog and my curiosity was piqued when she used Limelight Fresco paint (a very vivid yellow) on kraft coloured cardstock.
You can find her step by step here.


I followed her method, colour scheme and even motifs (hexagons) where I could but added some background stamping using the stamps from ESN07 (before painting with Limelight) and switched her Squigly stamps to one from Hot Pick 1207. The stamping of the main image is blurry due in part to the cardstock texture and also to me huffing too much on the stamp!
I also replaced the text on cardstock by Dymo tape words.

Quite like the effect of the translucent paint on the kraft and, although texture paste is much easier to handle than paint with a stencil, paint has the advantage of being completely flat, which is good for storage.

Whilst I wasn't looking, I have acquired new subscribers so I wanted to take this opportunity to give them a warm welcome. I am unreliably told by Blogger that I have now 17 or 19 followers and I wish I knew more about how these things work but since Google Reader going off line last year I have given up!

I am also entering the Pan Pastel UK challenge.

15 comments:

  1. I think the fact that you can see the texture of the card on the stamped image and not where the paint is, gives it more dimension :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love those colours on the kraft card, love the texture too. The followers malarky is so confusing now isn't it? Thanks for joining us at Premium Craft Brands PanPastel Challenge this week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful card! Stencil of hexagonal has very impacted on the image. I love colours combo and images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out great, it's surprising how the kraft colour underneath effects the paint colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project, love the stamped image and use of the Dymo tape, fabulous background colour and stencil work.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love how this looks - amazing how the card tones down the paint..x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card has inspired me! I have bought the stencils and they are waiting. LOL Like what you did with the Dymo tape too! I like the texture the paper gave to your stamped image. I think it really adds to the interest!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, really effective. It's interesting that it works just as well with such a completely different central image too. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely, Limelight is one of my favourite colours, and I love your dymo words xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Le résultat est superbe, j'aime beaucoup !!! Bonne chance pour les challenges Christine, et bon dimanche. coco

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks great , I love the stencilling. Must remember to try kraft card as a base for frescos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant ! Yes sometimes you don't realise how textured card is until you stamp a really fine detail image on top. But I think on this occasion you have got away with it! Leandra x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Tag is wonderful, love the colours. I use Frescos on kraft card it takes them down a shade or two doesn't it. Love the effect you have here great wk.

    Keep an eye out on the Pan Pastel blog i left them a comment about this weeks winner :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this. Your background is gorgeous and he car stamp is very striking

    ReplyDelete