' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Fabric Stamping

Sunday 18 May 2014

Fabric Stamping


I didn't think I would get the time to enter the Paper Artsy challenge this week but I had to make a phone cover so it was a perfect opportunity to join Keren Baker in her fabric stamping.



I used the houses from the LCP012 set on top of a previously stamped harlequin motif.
I used Versafine, not realising that it wouldn't dry straight away on fabric, and as a result I got black ink everywhere! You have been warned...

The stamped fabric (recycled from an old sheet) has been first stitched together with the "wadding", in this case a piece of recycled ironing board cover, before stitching the sides together (sadly not perfectly straight). With so much recycling I am also entering the Craft-Room challenge.

Unlike the last time I tried this project, I didn't have the actual phone to hand so I couldn't check at each step if the fit was correct. If you could cross your fingers for me that it will be OK...

17 comments:

  1. It looks great - hope it fits... good luck! I would cross my fingers but I need them today, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fab, I love the buildings and the harlequins!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love that you re-cycled the old ironing board cover! Versafine is great for stamping detailed images; but doesn't it take an age to dry!? This looks really beautiful, though, so it was worth the ink going everywhere! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous phone cover! I love this and good idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- this is beautiful! Well worth the trouble ( even if it was messy). Love the background colour that makes the image pop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an excellent idea - I couldn't think what to make at all xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Versacraft or Archival inks, heat set immediately then you will be good to go, no smudging etc...

    Am in awe of your cover & stamping, the colours go so well together and the images create a vintage look.

    Well done and fingers crossed! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, it looks great - I do ho9pe it fits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, love the combination of those 2 stamped images and the colours are great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool idea, great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's really nice, the buildings look great against the background. It looks as if it will fit quite well, you'll have to let us know..........

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so So perfect for our recycling challenge !!! love it! thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning altering and beautiful recycling.
    Thank you for sharing your creativity at Craft-Room Challenge, welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  14. C'est assez chouette comme réa!! Bravo, vraiment une bonne idée d'essayer cette technique, et le résultat est joli!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So creative - FABulous :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous phone cover - really hope it fit !! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft-Room...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Actually, it looks beautiful and you should have said it was 'mixed media'! It really does look great!

    ReplyDelete