' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Love & the City

Thursday 18 December 2014

Love & the City

I wanted to try my new supplies from Imagination Crafts. It's a specialty card with a design on one side and white on the other. Although the recto looks like paper, it isn't, and is waterproof . This makes the card ideal for wet paints, especially acrylics and pastes. The back, is a kind of glossy cardstock but with a more matt aspect, I am still to explore what can be done with this side..

The motif on the printed side is designed by Lavinia stamps and so it made sense to use their stamps for my card.


First I decided where my city stencil (from junk mail) should go and did all my stamping in Archival black. I tried other inks but believe me it has to be Archival or Stazon!

Then I stencilled with Sparkle medium in Jade and when dry I sprayed mists in blues and greens to frame my scene.

The card didn't react at all with the moisture, totally impervious. Of course since the mists do not get absorbed, they take longer to dry and there is plenty of opportunity to get the splatters moving this way and that way until you're happy or to mop it all up if you're not!

The theme of my scene has been given by the Live & Love Crafts (With love) challenge and a pun on that famous series, because the townscape reminds me of New York (If I remember correctly it is actually London!). So my faerie is sending love to the town's people...

I am entering the Imagination Crafts and Lavinia Stamps challenges.

Thanks for coming by,

7 comments:

  1. WOW loving your background so much! Awesome colours, great textures and wonderful perspective, the card sounds interesting shall check it out.

    Love Lavinia stamps, got one today with my winning coupon from the CB, it's called Zen Plant and is a need lol! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this looks fabulous!! Not heard of this card, but it sounds essential, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card with a great background to show off the stamping

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elle est super adorable cette carte!! :D Et bravo pour l'utilisation que tu fais toujours de tes vieux matériels associés à de nouveaux.. J'adore tes essais et la manière dont tu nous les racontes, c'est toujours extra. Il a l'air sympa ce papier, dis-moi...? Connais pas! Bises

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cool background and I like the concept of the fairy sending love to the people of New York ermmm London. Thanks for sharing with us at LLC. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful design and lovely colours. Thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck. Kx DT member

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello there - what a wonderful creation - the sparkle medium looks awesome - thanks for joining the Imagination crafts challenge this month and good luck in the draw! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete