' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Tim Holtz style

Sunday 11 October 2015

Tim Holtz style

What if Tim Holtz did Art journaling... this is the theme of the Vintage Journey challenge this month and I was piqued. Indeed what would HE do, I mused.

I got around the journaling aspect by borrowing someone else's words and type (from the Rubber Dance Affirmations plate) as I hate my own handwriting.

For my background I used Gelatos on a shiny textured paper which allowed the pigment to glide well. Why Gelatos and not Distress inks you ask? Well for one the inks I have are of the grungy range not the cleaner, brighter hues of more recent releases and secondly they would not dry on this paper! But the effect is similar I think...



I used a Tim Holtz stamp (CMS 021 - Enjoy the Journey), chosen for its masculine and vintage feel. I added some old clock faces from a freebie set (Papermania) and a Flonzcraft set (True Gentleman).

I thought about adding some stamping to the background but with the paper texture small motifs (think script stamps) weren't working well.
I think Tim would have added lots more and gone further but for me it's enough!

Tell me what YOU think in your comments,
Have a crafting Sunday!

Also entering That's Crafty, The Artistic Stamper and Craft Barn challenges.

14 comments:

  1. Great page with wonderful background and images

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fusion of colours Christine and the linen effect adds lovely interest.

    Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, hope you have some of this lovely sunshine.

    B x

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's fab - love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page Christine and the colours are so beautiful together. Gorgeous make.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, the Gelatos on the textured card look really good. This is a great page and I agree, it is enough to show the lovely images and that bright juicy background.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Gelatos have highlighted all that fab texture so well, and I love that you've echoed the brights of the new Distress releases. Very cool that you haven't crowded the images - it gives that fabulous vintage focal stamp a chance to shine. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how the texture of the paper is emphasized with the gelatos

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! Love the colors. The Gelatos work wonderfully on that card. Really lovely blending of the colors. Great stamping and composition. Perfect as it is Christine :)
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous page!! Just lovely!! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work! Thanks for dropping this by The Artistic Stamper this month. See you again soon !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous choice of colour and I love the clean and simple journaling style.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, lovely colours on that background!
    So nice to see you using our Affirmation stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fantastic journal page Christine. Your choice of bright mixed colours and vintage images is definitely Tim inspired. Thank you so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful coloring with your Gelatos - love the colors and stampings you chose - thank you for joining us in the A Vintage Journey challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete