' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: All things spring

Tuesday 5 April 2016

All things spring


Time for a new challenge at Vintage Stamping Challenges.

Our theme this month is All things spring and I am showing you a late Easter make using the Animal Landscapes border 01 by Flonzcraft. This set has 8 different borders of which I used 2 for this  simple scene I framed with an old aperture card.


This is what I did, step by step:

I marked lightly where my oval aperture would lay on a piece of white cardstock and stamped my rabbits and poultry in black ink. Note that the rabbits are stamped in a downward curve, a benefit of using polymer stamps as they can be curved.

I had to do this first so I would know where to shade my hills next, using masks and several shades of inks from yellow to green. You can use standard paper to create hill masks, indeed the feathery line of torn paper can be a bonus, but here I used an adhesive release paper. It's very smooth and acts like a silicone mat for the ink.
For the sky area I created a sun mask with a circle die and applied blue ink fading it towards the horizon. I then removed the mask and applied a little bit of yellow on the sun.

I lined up my cardstock behind the aperture and measured where I needed to cut my panel to fit.
Once glued in place I added the sentiment stamped in red ink.

I hope you will join us for this spring theme at Vintage Stamping Challenges, you could win a $20 voucher to spend at Flonzcraft, our lovely sponsor. Your make doesn't need to be Vintage but will need to showcase some stamping (rubber, clear, foam etc...) but NO digis.

Thanks for coming by,
  I am entering the Craft Barn and the SSS Wednesday challenges with my spring make.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Lovely design. Hope your week is going well.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine, love this. What a fun scene. Hate to mention but......the new post isn't up at VSC. I'm sure it will be soon. At least I know the theme now. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love this one Christine, adore anything with animals but not sure how I missed these in Leo's store.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this card. The rabbits are so sweet. Crafty hugs Pen x

    groovyquail.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super mignonne ta carte!!!
    Bises, et je note le thème du nouveau challenge au cas où je trouverais un peu de temps!... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling design! Love the little scene you've created! Hugs, Autumnm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Easter card
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just lovely! Thank you for entering The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a charming scene you have created. I love it. A perfect Easter card.

    ReplyDelete