' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Splash of Orange

Wednesday 1 February 2017

Splash of Orange

I can't believe it's a been a year since the last winter CHA and the Paper Artsy main release. I have barely had time to enjoy the sets I bought last year so I thought before I get new sets I'd better ink the old ones first!

Since I had the set already out for my Country View Challenge post, I used the Paper Artsy Hot pick 1601 set again, time someone gave it some love and as I haven't seen anyone else use it... (Maybe only Amsterdam dwellers use it?)
Last year I made this card and today I am updating it for the latest Paper Artsy Challenge theme, taking inspiration from Jennie Atkinson's post here, in particular the use of Infusions and stencilling.

 
I have decorated both the front and back of the card as you can see. I stencilled heavy gel medium with the Retro Circles Artplorations, which preserved the stamping of the script stamp from ESN10 . Also from ESN10 are the circles stamped on the right hand side. The "bubble wrap" is from set EEV06.
With all the stamping and stencilling dry I sprayed water on the card and concentrated the orange (Brusho) on the buildings, applying Cerise Infusion around them. The Cerise Infusion is very powerful and I was taken by surprise a bit which is why the result is considerably darker than Jennie's!




And finally...  AllSorts are celebrating this week, so you might ask what the celebration is... well, I'll just say this is for an Anniversary of sorts.

I thought it would be fun to add the secret message by popping up the Valentine word I have die-cut from the stamped building.
It is hardly visible as shown in this picture:
but under different angles the message is revealed.

The "be" and "my" words have been made with bits of Tim Holtz Adventure Words. The Valentine is Die-sire die-cut.
Definitely more colourful than Jennie's subtle make, plus Orange is sooo not my colour, but since it is Amsterdam (orange is the National colour of sorts over there), it felt totally right to use this colour.
 
 

Thanks for coming by,
Also entering the That's Crafty, SSS Wednesday and Vintage Journey challenges.

20 comments:

  1. Tu as raison de les utiliser ces tampons, encore une magnifique carte à ton actif.
    J'ai des tampons PaperArtsy encore sous baisser, non utilisés faute de temps et d'occasion mais je les aime.
    Bonne journée,
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely inky creation Christine and perfect for our Let's Celebrate theme at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful design, thanks for joining us at Allsorts,xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful way to use the stamp and the colours look amazing as a background. Such inspiring ideas

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much for entering in our celebration challenge at Allsorts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, love the way it goes round the edge,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great way to use pink and orange and the building wrapped around the edge is fabulous. I have that stamp set too and agree it is time it got some love. I think you have inspired me to get that set out again and use it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you've put this together, the stamping looks fabulous. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally love this Christine, and how special to continue the art onto the back.
    Just needed to say thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog. You and I are spookily alike in our art and often produce something akin to one another. Thought that my weirdness was unique, but there you go! happy crafting....looking forward to sharing more stuff with you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing Christine! I love that you continued the pattern onto the back of the card and love your gorgeous dots!!! Big wow! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love the composition of your card n I so love circles too the use of gel medium to preserve the stamped script. I'm so addicted to infusions n brushos, I have so many backgrounds but still need to do more lol. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, I really like Valentine cards that aren't ' mushy' if you know what I mean. The art work going round the back is fab. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is brilliant, I love how it goes around the back xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Scrumptious! Love the colours and compositions, and of course the lovely circles. Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a brilliant idea to continue the art all around the card. Must remember that trick as it looks so cool. I love the Dutch house stamps too.
    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely love this card and the diecutting of the word from the houses is a brilliant idea. Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. hello! super cute card, I so luv the ink blended background...awesome! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bon alors je n'ai pas trouvé ta boîte.. mais je vais rechercher. (ton lien n'était pas un lien direct visiblement).
    En attendant, j'ai du rattrapage à faire visiblement !
    Cette carte est juste sublime...
    Donc si je comprends bien, l'utilisation du gel medium heavy (ou normal aussi peut-être) empêche les infusions - ou brushos - de pénétrer les zones protégées.. Pas bête, il fallait y penser !!
    Bravo pour avoir réutilisé ces tampons PA en beauté et dans des couleurs magnifiques !!!
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete