' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Prepare to fly

Friday 21 July 2017

Prepare to fly

Welcome to my second inspiration make for the July Stamplorations Theme & Sketch challenge, which brings my GDT stint to a close.

It can be difficult to create something with both constraints of Theme AND Sketch but I felt I was duty bound to show I could do it! [To enter the challenge,  you can do either ]

 Without further ado, my card:


I created a circle stencil and applied Distress inks through it, over-stamping the bird from the Trendy Birds 2 set with Versafine black ink. I added 3 of the sentiments below each bird, in a "Ready, steady, Go" type of concept.

I cut the card with one of the Stitched Snow Hills CUT-plorations and added a piece of patterned paper (from a very old, K & Co pad).

I layered the cardstock and paper on a blank card (5"x7").

For more inspiration from the team,  drop by the Stamplorations blog and do join the challenge here,  following the sketch, the theme or even both!

I take this opportunity to thank Shery for having me as GDT on the blog, it was such a pleasure and an honour to be part of the Stamplorations family and I wish her and the team continued success, they all deserve it!
I am entering the Craft Stamper TIMI challenge.

     

6 comments:

  1. Not an easy card to make but you found just the right words

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab take on the sketch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card. Fab interpretation of the challenge.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love a rule-of-three - great design, and I love how the colour becomes warmer as your eye travels across the card. The words are wonderful too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very crisp and neat Christine, super colour combo and another stunner, definitely my type of card.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Très mimi cette carte C&S, bravo pour ton idée de pochoir rond avec répétition d'image dans des teintes différentes, l'effet est superbe. Et tu me montres une bien jolie utilisation de ces bordures qui me font de l'oeil Lol!!!
    Bises

    ReplyDelete