' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: It's a bug's life

Saturday 1 June 2019

It's a bug's life

Summer is finally around the corner, the heat of the sunshine, the holidays and the... bugs everywhere! Maybe why my teamie Jane chose It's a bug's life as the theme for our Country View Challenges this month....

Today I am showing you a page with 2 of my favourites bugs, dragonflies and butterflies.

I covered my journal pages with a printed paper and added both Tim Holtz/Ideology tissue tape  and Prima Spread Your Wings washi tape around the borders. The Prima (new) is very wide (5cms/2") and also more resistant to water/waterbased paints than the Tim Holtz tape. I bought it specifically for its width as it can be torn in half for a straight line on the outside of the journal and distressed on the inside. Also, since the Eclipse tape (a tape use to cut out masks for stamping) is impossible to find, I will be able to use the Prima tape instead, I know it sounds like waste but there is a lot of tape on that roll!

I then stencilled with Paper Artsy Fresco paints using PS126 and PS092 stencils (also Paper Artsy) and the Dragonfly stencil (That Special Touch) .

The sentiment, embossed in white EP, is from the Paper Artsy Hot Pick 1206.

To finish, I gave the left hand stencilled flower a stalk and leaves with acrylic paint and a paintbrush and added a butterfly made of 2 layered die-cuts and stitched together in the middle.


I hope that I have inspired you to join our Country View challenge, hop on over to see my teammates makes and don't forget a random player will scoop up a £20 voucher to spend on crafting goodies...

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the SSS Wednesday, Bleeding Art, We Love To Create challenges.

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous pages. Eclipse tape is my favourite as well. You know I saw some online the other day. Was other the moon I had found some and now forgotten where it was!!! lol! Oh, thats going to bug me. If I remember I will let you know.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Thank you for joining us over at Bleeding Art this Month.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx
    Bleeding Art DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous pages with great colours!!! Have a lovely June!!! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous pages - lovely work indeed! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's an amazing sense of movement about this page spread... it reminds me of an Impressionist painting, capturing a moment and a feeling as the dragonflies hover over the rippling water.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and I often choose the same theme don't we Christine...it's dragonflies for me too! This is a gorgeous page..it really looks 3D, I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous, I love the bugs and white embossing always does it for me! Have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elle est magnifique, j'aime bien sa profondeur et l'atmosphère que tu as créée avec brio !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pages ! Great colours !
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous page spread! Love the depth you've created and the colours used!
    Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create With Polkadoodles! Jane (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful pages! I loved seeing how you created them too, so inspirational 😀. Happy and creative wishes! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving this. Gorgeous choice of colours. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great page Christine - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is stunning. I love the watery feel. I'd happily have it on a wall. I also love the Eclipse paper...I have a bit left on a roll for when nothing else will do! Glad to hear there might be an alternative though.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely pages, Christine! I love the colors.
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a gorgeous spread - I love the colours (my favourites, so I would) but the whole effect is wonderful...love the strong contrast of the white EP.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete