' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Chilli Hot

Sunday 9 August 2020

Chilli Hot


I wanted to join in a few challenges this weekend to push me into doing something despite the hot weather... It was (still is) hard to breathe and the cloud cover was keeping the heat in even at night.

… it is seriously hot!

Like my man, who has a birthday coming up... hence this card
 

To stamp the chillies from the Spice it Up stamp set by Rubber Dance,  I made use of my favourite tool, the stamping platform, which is essential for this result as I stamped first in colour, sometimes twice to get variation in the colour (I used Kaleidacolor inkpad with red and oranges) and then over stamped in Versamark.
For powders I used Wow! clear EP and Primary red EP "mixed" directly on the image.
The left most chilli is made up of 2 of the stamps in the set, I think the "wrinkly" one is supposed to be a dried chilli but I used it as a shadow texture on the "fresh" chilli.

For the sentiment, I partially stamped the "you are so hot" and combined it with the "Seriously" die-cut (STAMPlorations) and the "HOT" from the same stamp set as before.


To finish I was going to add some splatters but the control freak in me had a panic attack at the thought and instead I fished out an old stamp set by The Artistic Stamper, Messy Art (probably retired now). It has mostly large "splats" aimed at journaling but this particular bit is perfect for cards and I inked individual ink splats, stamping without a block exactly where I wanted them. It's all about control....
  
Now off to cool down...

Thanks for visiting today!
I am entering the SSS MondaySSS Wednesday, Allsorts, Lost Coast Designs, The Artistic Stamper, and Stamping Sensations challenges.

12 comments:

  1. A card to match the weather Christine, the sunshine is always very welcome as we get so much rain, but it does tend to jump from one to the other with no happy medium.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun card, great idea. Thank you for joining our 'Masculine' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again Christine, just seen your link at Allsorts so popped back to thank you for joining in......afraid I am unable to read the small print on your blog so had no idea it was linked to us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card, love the bold colours. I totally agree it's all about the control with me too...but I try to mke it look like it isn't ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is the best! I love this stamp - what a perfect birthday greeting. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine, what a fun card this is and I love the splatters they make the perfect finish to the card. Hope it's cooled down a bit for you, I'm not a lover of all this heat. Have a lovely creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hot and fun card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully CAS Christine and a superb humorous, masculine card. Yes, it's really been soooo hot. The only way that we've been able to sleep is be having two fans in the bedroom! :) Thank you for joining us in our ‘Make It Masculine’ challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous card! The hot chilli design captures summer beautifully and I love the stamps you used 😀.I hope you've had a lovely week and wishing you a happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A deceptively simple card with all that stamping and embossing. Great splats. Thanks for joining the fun at the lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

    ReplyDelete