' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: X-mas Tag-a-thon 2020 edition

Sunday 8 November 2020

X-mas Tag-a-thon 2020 edition


Well, I don't know where the time goes... I should have more on my hands since this week's lockdown but no, the days just seem to evaporate without much being achieved.
Still I managed to ink up this lovely stamp  (CI- 503) by Crafty Individuals and made a set of tags. In fact -for the benefit of Vintage Journey- a TRIO of PAIRS (see what I did there...) .

First up, basic stamping with black ink, I used Memento on the left and Versafine on the right and the Versafine is really a better image although a touch too dark because my pad is still new and very juicy:


 Next, I used Versafine in Pinecone and Shady Lane on kraft coloured cardstock and embossed the sentiment in white. 


 Finally, my favourite look, the multi-coloured stamping. I won't lie, this took me ages to stamp and halfway through I was regretting it, but to me it shows off the details of the stamp beautifully. I used water based markers and Indian ink markers (Faber Castell Big Brush) to ink the stamps. 


  After my first stamping,  I spritzed the stamps with water to see if I could get another print and got this pleasing result on smooth watercolour card: 

I have been toying with the idea of doing another batch and adding colour with either pencils or markers but it will keep for another session. In the meantime, I need to create a pocket for these tags so I can gift them. Any suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks for coming by,
I am also entering the SSS Monday, Allsorts,  and We Love Chocolate Baroque challenges.

12 comments:

  1. Like you I question where my time goes some days Christine!

    A pretty collection of Christmas tags and maybe the second pair are my favourite as well, thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge this week.

    Also thanks for sharing with us at We Love Chocolate Baroque, not sure if you forgot to link but not showing up on the linky when I commented there earlier.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just lovely! I love all the different colourways - so much inspiration. Thanks for joining in with my challenge at Allsorts this week.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks also for sharing with us at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.
    L x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so beautiful! Loving the stamp!
    Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts this week!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really super set of tags, great images and colours. Thank you for joining Allsorts and We love Chocolate Baroque challengers.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mes trois préférés sont bien sûr aussi les 3 derniers !!
    Le tout dernier aquarellé avec tes restes d'encres est super joli aussi... Ta colorisation est parfaite, j'adore.
    Il est beau ce tampon, tu me donnes envie de le ressortir.
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what gorgeous Christmas tags! They are all amazing, the black and white caught my eye as it looks stunning and is so different from normal Christmas designs - I love it 😀. They will make such beautiful gifts! Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey! Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous collection of tags - I love the elegant long-form look, and those pine cone stamps are simply beautiful. I do like the elegant b&w, and the green on kraft really caught my eye in the first photo too... but I have to agree it's the multi-coloured stamping which really takes the spotlight. Fabulous - even though it takes the longest, it's definitely worth it! Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey with these beauties.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooo! I love these tags! fabulous stamping and gorgeous colours. The water colour stamping was definitely worth persevering with ! thank you for joining our challenge at A Vintage Journey.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow shows how versatile the one stamp set can be. I think I like the craft card best. Hoping to do some Christmas stuff myself today so thank you for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great collection of tags, love them xxx

    ReplyDelete