' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Stencils and foils double the fun

Friday 17 December 2021

Stencils and foils double the fun

Today I am featuring on the STAMPlorations blog with a Mixed Media tutorial. Just in time for Christmas, I chose a technique full of shine.
And best of all it's a two-fer!!!


For the most reflective, metallic, shine, foils are the best. Today I am using Hot foils, which require the use of a laminator. (I think it is possible to use an iron but I  wouldn't risk it!)

Supplies:

Winter Flowers ARTplorations stencil
Gel medium (thick)
Hot Foils 

I made this card with the "positive" motif of the stencil:

 
The foil gives a mirror like finish which is difficult to photograph,
 so here's a picture showing the shine:


Then there is the "negative" which I used to make those tags to match:


And a picture without the sun reflection:

 

If you want details on the technique(s) I used , hop to the STAMPlorations blog to follow my tutorial.

Thanks for coming by,
 Craftyfield  I am entering the Addicted to Stamps, SSS Wednesday 
                                                          and River of creativity challenges. 

2 comments:

  1. Very effective combination of foiling and dies Christine. Was all set for some foiling this week, but my laminator seems to have expired on me, was going to try the iron as I've seen that done but knowing my luck I would end up needing a new iron as well as laminator.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have achieved a very polished and professional finish to your card and great use of the negative for the tags. Thank you for adding to the flow at River of Creativity. xx

    ReplyDelete