' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Sweet Robin Tag

Wednesday 6 April 2022

Sweet Robin Tag


With a bit of crafting time just for me I made this tag with some of my favourite stamps by Crafty Individuals, the Sweet Robin Redbreast (CI-456) in particular hasn't seen much action lately and so I was eager to give it some air time! 


I built up the background colours with several colours of dye inks sprayed with water: 

I then used Just the ticket border stamp (CI-498) and Inky Script Background (CI-436) to add interest before applying gel medium with the Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz Mini Layering Stencil Set #10 (MST010). 












On top of the gel I spread embossing powder in Midnight Sapphire, a dark Blue EP mixed with fine mica. Below a close-up of the shine:

I stamped the bird (CI-456) on the tag and on a separate piece of card and popped the fussy cut bird on foam pads.
I think a yellow beak or orange breast would have helped the bird stand out more, but I wanted to follow an analogous colour scheme (3 adjacent colours on the colour wheel) so this wasn't an option!  

Thanks for coming by,

 Craftyfield      I am entering the following challenges: Allsorts, River of creativity,                                                             Stamping Sensations , SSS Wednesday and Lost Coast Designs (I                                                                hope my  Sweet robin tag with Stencilled Swirls qualifies...)                                                                            challenges 



8 comments:

  1. That EP looks really lush Christine and pops from the inky background beautifully. Lovely to see you joining us at River of Creativity, Allsorts and Stamping Sensations, thank you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving then colours you used and the effect you achieved. So fun to do something like this as it never turns out the same way twice does it. Very clever and subtle use of stamps as well, thank you for adding to the river of creativity. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully done, loving this color combo and I can see why these are some of your favorite stamps, they are beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is realy beautiful - gorgeous background and fab stamping. That reminds me ... I think I have that Crafty Individuals swirl stamp and have NEVER used it ... I feel inspired to look it out now!! - thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsort challenge this week.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag! The soft colours look amazing and I love that pretty robin, it's such a beautiful stamp - perfect 😁. I hope you had a good week, we've been away visiting family so I'm trying to catch up with everyone! Take care and wishing you a happy new week! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty background and love the embossed swirls and little birdie. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Il est bien beau, ta texture est extra !! J'aurais peut-ĂȘtre moi aussi ajoutĂ© une pointe d'une autre couleur... Mis en mĂȘme temps, il a une belle douceur qui va bien Ă  son style vintage et fĂ©minin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very pretty tag. I also like a pop of a contrasting colour in my projects and the analagous theme was a challenge...but then that's the idea I suppose! Have a lovely crafty week xxx

    ReplyDelete