Saturday, 20 June 2026

Dimensional Blooms

Hello crafters, 

This fortnight, the Allsorts challenge optional theme, chosen by Ellie is "Blooms/Birds/Butterflies". As usual, you can also enter with an "anything goes" theme.
Blooms are favourite for any occasion so I decided to have another go at creating realistic-looking pom pom dahlias:


I used Spellbinders Pom Pom Dahlia and Ladybugs Etched Dies s4-1317 to create the focal cluster and the Everyday Sentiments from the STAMPLorations set.
The whole is matted on an embossed panel with the Sizzix/Tim Holtz 3D Texture Fades Embossing Folder (665734) and a green cardstock mat.

I think I need more layers in my pom pom (The darkest flower has 3 layers of each size of flower, 15 layers in total) to get the fully rounded effect, but I have to say it takes a lot of time to form each petal with stylus and tweezers! 

*********
Hop over to the Allsorts challenge blog to see all the DT inspiration and upload your projects. A lucky winner will receive the Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Glorious Bouquet stamp set available from Buddly Crafts pictured below!
Thanks for coming by,

 Craftyfield     I am entering the Addicted to stamps & more and 
                                                         Polkadoodles challenges

12 comments:

  1. Lovely dimension with the pretty pink blooms Christine.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look perfect to me so pretty. I have a dimensional die that I dread to use lol! Maybe I will give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card with those lovely dimensional flowers. You have a lot of patience! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful blossoms made with the dies and the card is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, that dimensional flowers are striking and like the embossed background to make them stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine this is a beautiful card, I think you have just the right amount to make them stand out. A card for so many occasions x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card Christine, the 3D flowers are beautiful.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are wonderful blooms Christine, so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty flowers Christine, a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Worth the work I think!
    Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Worth the work I think!
    Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow these are gorgeous - they would look so special in a box frame. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete