' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: March rabbit

Friday 13 March 2015

March rabbit

Time for a new page in my calendar. The colour is yellow and the word rabbit, given by the Craft Barn. No token smudge of yellow here, I take the challenge seriously. And yellow is sooooo not my colour, it hurts my eyes looking at it now!


I started my background with applying yellow pastel over Versamark with an Hexagon stencil. The idea was to apply some blues and violets to the negative space but as the pastel spread to the yellow bits I had to rethink...
For my second attempt I used a mix of texture paste and yellow paint through the stencil and when dry used distress inks for the recesses.

The image is from Crafty Individuals (CI-202), coloured with pastels.

In the end I decided to overstamp the hexagons with a dotty motif just to knock back that expanse of yellow, using a Pitt big brush pen in Indigo.

I am also entering the Pan Pastel UK challenge.

Thanks for coming by,

19 comments:

  1. I think you have worked this out well! It looks busy and fun but not too overpowering as yellow can be....or should I say bee as in beehive? Cute bunny stamp too! Well done for coming out of your comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sunny seasonal make - great with the Easter bunny too! Thanks for joining in the CI Challenge this month. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yellow on this page and that CI stamp is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your CI stamp, it is a stunner. Yellow has that effect on me too, really really really dislike yellow and red so must have been a proud moment to produce your WOW page. So many bits i love about it, great job! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely page with hints of Spring

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you about yellow, not my favourite colour either, but I think this really works - such a sunny look, and I love that CI stamp. Your comment on my entry made me smile :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely bright page. love the CI stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Original and gorgeous page!!! Yellow=spring!!!!!!
    You're inspired by this challenge!!!
    Thank you!
    Bises
    Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great bunny stamp and a bold bright background too. Surely that's the idea of Challenges - to make us all use/do stuff we wouldn't normally!! Well done on embracing the Yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely page. And I do like the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona! Your lack of rabbit stamp of deficient crackle haven't affected your creation and you've achieved your vision and a beautiful scene. I'd be pleased too!

      Delete
  11. Lovely vibrant colour. A great page to announce the arrival of spring x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh... pas ma page favorite!!! Je crois que tu as un peu forcé la dose de jaune, mais sinon j'aime bien ce petit lapinou CI, il me fait de l'oeil! Bises, je n'oublie pas ton challenge VSC, Je vais vite vérifier combien de jours il me reste ! Bon dimanche, je file au jardin et ensuite je continue sur ma réa.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soooo yellow but it works for me Christine. Great calendar page.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. great stamp and great for you to step out of your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the texture and colours on your fab card !

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fabulous page, great background.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love yellow, I love your rabbit, I love your page :o))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, you literally went for this one,actually really loving the yellow ( and usually not a fan) with the black, great page.x

    ReplyDelete