' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Concertina Challenge

Thursday 17 March 2011

Concertina Challenge

Over on theCraftbarn blog this week's challenge is to make a concertina flower by hand and this is my submission:


I have meant to make one up for a long time, but I was daunted by the task (I do not own the Tim Holtz Rosette die or a scoring board), so this challenge comes in at the right moment to give me the push I needed.
My my first attempt produced a wonky and oversized rosette but in the end I decided it would still look good, say on a present instead of a ribbon bow.
On my second try, I realised after doing all the scoring that the rosette was still going to be too large and proceeded to cut it into several pieces (3). Of course that wasn't easy what with all the score lines the paper would not lay flat... So by now instead of distressing my edges to give more interest to my rosettes I was distressed!

Anyway, I am quite pleased with the result and I now have a big flower, to use on a scrapbook page, a card sized one I put on my submission card and a dinky one I have to find a use for, as well as my large flower with a swirly middle.


Hope you'll like them

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful flower, and I love your card background too
    Thanks for playing with us
    isa

    ReplyDelete