' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Hanging about...

Saturday 10 September 2011

Hanging about...

The Crafty Individuals challenge for September is "Hanging about", literally (as a physical hanging) or not. I have chosen the latter after researching a way to make my stamped image "hang" within an easel type card and finding that yes, it DID hang but it just didn't look right.
So, as I am attracted to photographic stamps these days and was really looking forward to use the CI - 284  stamp, I went for a non literal "hanging" and my gals are indeed hanging about!


I have first inked a piece of card with distress inks and then stamped in black ink over the top. I used a Spellbinder label to cut the stamped image out the cardstock and then cut another piece from the remaining inked cardstock to use as a "shadow" frame.  
Rather than use patterned paper on the right of the card I used Tim Holtz tissue tape.

Tip: I often use the tape as masking tape when I ink cardstock and hey presto, as a bonus to my inked cardstock, I get inked tissue tape which matches my project. If I don't need it I just keep it for a later project.

Thanks for coming by,

4 comments:

  1. Lovely project, and great tip with the tape. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Individuals. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Love that stamp, and also your tissue tape tip. Thank you for embracing my chosen challenge in the way you have,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty and lovely use of the CI stamp.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete