' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Calendar Challenge Week 4

Sunday 2 October 2011

Calendar Challenge Week 4


This week's theme for the Craft Barn Calendar challenge is Yellow and masks.
 I had an initial idea of the mask I wanted to use, but alas, it did not fit in with the yellow colour scheme ! Instead, I opted for a contemporary colour scheme which had me employ numerous media (Promarkers, watercolour pencils, dye ink, crafting inks) in order to achieve the colouring without one colour bleeding in another.



The mask is the flourish, coloured with cut & dry foam. I am quite happpy with the result, on the basis that, and this is very unusual for me, the end result is what I had in mind when I set out ! Yes, even when heart in mouth I did the splatter of yellow in lieu of leaves and a free-hand branch for the bird it did not turn out a complete disaster as it could so easily have.

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! love the vibrant colours.
    Thanks for participating
    isa

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I am impressed with the free hand drawing and I think the splatter makes great leaves! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, Beautiful use of the colours and your page reminds me of paisley patterns, hope you're having fun :0) Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how it ended your page, with masks and stamps together!

    ReplyDelete