' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: New Baby gift

Thursday 17 May 2012

New Baby gift

This is the project that has taken my crafting time and the reason I haven't entered any challenge lately. A crafting girl's got do what a crafting girl's got to do.... I mean isn't producing gifts and cards the justification we give when we buy craft supplies ?
It was a bit of an impulse buy, as I found this "blank" bib at half price and thought it might come in handy, what with  the expected new arrival. But I wasn't sure how I would decorate or which inks would work on the sponge... So here goes, modelled by Teddy (no not mine!)


The stamps I used were from a magazine gifted by my DH which I would not have chosen myself. But as low quality that they are (foam stamps) they turned out pretty useful for this. Given the texture of the material, only bold stamps can be used, plus, they need to retain a lot of ink. I considered using acrylics for the sponge part, wasn't sure, so kept to the Crafter's inks (Versacraft).  Just for fun I added a saying inspired by the car stickers we see in the UK (my other car is a Porsche):


And finally I replaced the cardstock that was part of the packaging and indulged with some more stamping and misting through stencils just because...


Let me know what you think and if you have any tips on stamping on fabric,

No comments:

Post a Comment