' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Red white and blue challenge

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Red white and blue challenge

This week the Impression Obsession challenge is Red White and Blue, just in time for 4th of July projects. But I am thinking back to winter as I am entering (belatedly because I thought only cards could be entered - Duh!) this scrapbook page inspired by the colors in the photo. I love making my own backgrounds with stamps and masks and the Cover A Card stamps are ideal because of their size.

I used a Flourish mask by Tim Holtz in a 2 step process : first I used the Impression Obsession CAC Newspaper ( CC068) and embossed in clear powder, secondly I applied Distress inks over the embossing and mask.
The blue paper is vellum embossed with a 5x7 Cuttlebug folder, the handmade red paper has been cut with a Spellbinder die. A bit of hand stitching, a tag and a brad to finish a simple layout.
I have been using this stamp quite a lot in my vintage scrapbook layouts but once embossed in white it doesn't say "vintage" anymore and works well here, I think.



Don't hesitate to tell me what you think !


2 comments:

  1. How totally creative and differnt too! I really like how you used the CAC with the flourish! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! I love what you did with the background stamp and the Tim Holtz mask, so many little details! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete