' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Using masks challenge

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Using masks challenge

Rather than use patterned papers for my scrapbook layouts I like to create my own backgrounds with stamps and masks. So the latest CraftBarn challenge is right up my alley...

I have used a Crafter's Workshop template with a reddish mist, both in positive and negative shapes,  with Distress ink and cut & dry foam, and with versamark and mica powders on top. The stamps are from Katzelkraft and Impression Obsession. I am not concerned about the empty spaces, since if I don't need them, I can always fill them with photos or embellishments when creating the layout.

I might let you see the finished piece in a future post...

7 comments:

  1. Just love the open spaces perfect for a scrapbook page :)
    Von x☺x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great! Perfect masking and beautiful stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful soft misty background. Lovely stamping and art journal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty way to use mask love the soft colours

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! Love the colour combination
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spectacular background - brilliant stuff! Thanks for dropping by at Words and Pictures too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete