' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Calendar Challenge: Vellum

Saturday 6 October 2012

Calendar Challenge: Vellum

It's time for the Calendar challenge at the Craft Barn and, for this first week we have to use vellum.
At this stage I am not sure I will be able to complete the 12 weeks challenge, but I could not pass the opportunity to use vellum, as I have rather a lot languishing in my stash... So here goes :

I have used a Spellbinders Grand Label die for my shape and a Cuttlebug folder (Iron gate) to emboss my image onto a printed vellum. I coloured it from the back with alcohol inks and added some home-made washi tape at the top and bottom to maintain the vellum in place. Fairly simple !

Thanks for coming by,

12 comments:

  1. Your washi tape looks beautiful & I love the embossed vellum effect. Whenever I see vellum being used I wonder why I don't use it more often - it gives such a fabulous effect and it can be used with so many other things such as alcohol inks as you have shown here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shape and colour of this. A great calendar page. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great ideas here. Love what you've done with the vellum and fixing it with the washi tape was an inspired idea.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shape for a calendar page and using washi tape to fix page is another great idea.....lol at your comment on my blog....great minds think alike.......I like your colour choice.

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  5. C'est superbe, et une excellente idée le washi tape pour maintenir le tout joliment en place. Bravo j'aime beaucoup, et ce die aussi !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love this! Gorgeous! Super idea with the washi tape...and handmade too...what a clever gal! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the handmade wsshi tape and the shape and those colours are beautiful - great first page x

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful calendar page and great idea for the shape

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super calendar page, love the colour and the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great idea to use alcohol ink on vellum, it really turns out wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks fab!! I hope you will have time to enter the challenges.
    I am going to change it to give you the possibility to enter any challenge at a later date ;)
    So if you miss one week, you can always catch up.
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous shape for a calender! Love the look of the alcohol on the vellum!!!

    ReplyDelete