' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Inspired By Sue Carrington

Thursday 9 May 2013

Inspired By Sue Carrington

Paper Artsy Blog welcomes a new set of designer guests and Sue is the first. I have taken inspiration from her canvas (here) to create a new page for my samples book. Not quite as big as Sue's canvas, plus it needs to lay flat so no embellishments... therefore I had to adapt !

 
Both for the texture paste and stencilled areas I have used home made stencils. Loved to use the "bump" technique ! I became unstuck for stamps (need more texture stamps and some of those Eclectica stamps) and settled for a Newspaper print (Hot pick 1207), a saying (Hot pick 1203) and a Wallpaper print from an old clear stamp set. No treasure gold (as yet) so I used wax crayon to highlight the raised parts.
 
Thanks for coming by,

11 comments:

  1. I like the idea of homemade stencils. I've made some of those in the past and I'm inspired to use those more now. Good luck with the draw - maybe you'll win the Eclectica stamps. Fingers crossed. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the textures and colours, beautiful card.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bumped stencil :)
    Thanks for your comment I used acrylic paints for my background :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project, hope you win some stamps! Well done for making your own stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant job, especially without allowing any embellishments. It looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, great stencilling & stamping! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colour combo and dimensional feel to this project. Thanks for joining in our GD challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the stencilling, especially like the pattern of the pasted one, great job xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's terrific, love the layers & I'm very impressed that you made your own stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the texture on your piece, and what a brilliant idea to use wax crayons as highlights xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. C'est très beau, moi j'aime beaucoup la texture et tes ombres sont parfaites... bravo doublement si c'est un mask fait maison !! Bon week-end, Coco

    ReplyDelete