' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Inspired By Suzanne Czosek (2)

Saturday 27 April 2013

Inspired By Suzanne Czosek (2)


This week's inspiration is provided by Suzanne Czosek at the Paper Artsy blog. I followed quite closely her process for my project - see her post here .

And Suzz is completely right, the embossing powder (holographic) gives an incredible shine !!!


Of course I substituted a few things to products I atually own, so I used a dress form die-cut instead of a butterfly and adapted my frame to fit the shape (no longer square).
Instead of Chocolate Pudding I used Claret Fresco paint as this is one of my latest colour (thanks to my win last week!!!) and I just had to try it. It didn't disappoint, I love the translucency of it.
I used a silver organza ribbon coloured with Fresco South Pacific in place of tulle.
I used Aged Aqua (Frantage) embossing powder on my background - sadly forgetting to use the Limelight Fresco instead of Versamark. On my textured canvas, I think the Fresco would have grabbed more powder for a better effect.

I have enjoyed both the process and the result, the colours and shine are just gorgeous, plus I love working with metal and metal card.

Thanks for coming by,

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful, what a great effect this is... may have to dig out my embossing powder and give this one a try too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning project, love the embossing.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gloss and gleam of this! The dress form die is so adaptable and really works well with this! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! I love that you used the shaped die! The holographic embossing powder looks perfect! Gorgeous all around. So happy that you played along with me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, your colours turned out really rich :)
    Hugz Minxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that technique really is a winner isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. C'est absolument magnifique, whaaaaah quelles merveilleuses couleurs et brillance !!!! Il faudrait que j'essaie ça, je n'ai pas eu le temps de lire les posts de Suzanne Czosek jusqu'alors... Bravo en tout cas, et aussi d'avoir gagné un précédent challenge alors !! :) Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your project is so incredibly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete