' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: A scrapbook page for the Spring fun challenge

Tuesday 9 April 2013

A scrapbook page for the Spring fun challenge

Mostly it is difficult to enter themed challenges with scrapbook layouts, but I did my best to squeeze this one in ! On the basis that the photos are taken in March and April (I worked that out by the haircut) and it would appear some fun is being had, this will fit my Impression Obsession challenge remit. There is a bonus page too... as I nearly always end up doing double pages when I scrapbook, since for some reason I always have more photos than I can fit in on one page !


The base kraft cardstock being a bit too dark I used the CAC Rose Lace (CC087) with white pigment ink to lighten the overall effect. This took ages to dry and lifted up when I overstamped with the Rose leaf branch (F8199) inked with Distress. This also re-activated the white ink and in desperation I applied mica powder on top to dry it !
A prima flower, a small and a large doily colored with distress inks complete the layout.
I used punches on the patterned paper and to create the photo slots on the green mat. The journalling tabs tucked behind the photos, and as yet not written, have a decorative scissors detail.

Bonus facing page :


I applyed a dry-ish pigment ink direct to paper to knock back the dark kraft then overstamped with Flourish 2 (H5575) also in white. I then impressed different plastic packaging inked with white and orange pigment inks for more interest on the left side of the page. I used the other half of the large doily inked in pink and a small one in green.
With less photos I had space for embellishments : I fussy cut the Rose (E1332) image and the  Rose leaf branch (F8199). On the latter, I used the kissing technique with the Muslin (E4518) stamp.
I also added a prima flower, ribbon and tag and decorated the edges of the patterned paper with punches.

Hope you will like the layouts, but if you think the design is a bit lacklustre, have a look at this page, where I share my experience working with vintage photos.

10 comments:

  1. Two fabulous layouts :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!Chris, how creative with the images and CAC and Muslin stamps too! Very nostalgic feeling and beautiful pages!! Whoever that little girl is she is adorable!!! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Scrap !! This is a super fantabulous layout! I love how creative you got with the C-A-Cs. Both pages are really beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two wonderful pages, love your colour scheme with the black & white/sepia photos.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos-so neat to look at! Great scrapping-I'm not into it but I can see you are!
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tes pages dans le style vintage sont vraiment superbes !
    Tu es française ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty...don't you love it when something that goes wrong, turns out so right?? Both pages are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic layouts! Love the vintage feel and that fussy cut rose is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderfully done & certainly not lack luster! You're making me want that CAC stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your layouts and am glad you shared them! They are certainly not lack-luster! I love your use of the lace cover a card for the background...I have had the same problem with the drying time. Also love the rose leaf detail, I need to get that stamp! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete