' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Vintage scrapbook page, texture and bright colours - facing page

Saturday 20 April 2013

Vintage scrapbook page, texture and bright colours - facing page

Here is the facing page of the layout previously published here.
It's an opportunity to have another stab at the texture paste technique which I am loving at the moment.


As before, I applied the paste around the patterned paper and printed various stamps into it - tip : let the paste dry a bit, otherwise when the stamp is lifted, so is the paste - Then I coloured it with mists.

I used the chipboards and die-cuts that came with the kit, including the tag that contains the journalling. This is why the tag is tucked behind the armchair, since it isn't actually stuck, so that it can be removed to be read ! Once in the page protector, it shouldn't move.

I feel the left handside is a bit bare but I didn't like to cover the texture and didn't know how to fill it in without making it too busy.

I am entering the layout in the Artistic Stamper challenge.

Thanks for coming by,

4 comments:

  1. Great page, love the texture paste piece the colours and texture are fabulous, lovely page layout.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, I love your soft colours, they show off your photo's beautifully xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'est une très belle page tout comme la précédente je trouve ! Pleine de nostalgie mais aussi de poésie !... Une très belle double-page à ton actif au final bravo !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout! Love the pretty background!

    ReplyDelete