' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Inspired By Linda Caine (3)

Friday 19 April 2013

Inspired By Linda Caine (3)

Linda is returning to the Paper Arsty blog this week, and I have been inpired by her colourful tag. Never made one before...
Along the way I encountered some difficulties, some caused by the lack of crafting items (you wouldn't know by looking at my stash !) and some err... self inflicted !


I didn't have an appropriate stamp for impressing in the texture paste so I used an embossing folder instead. It was too soon... I decided to use the small "4" stamp from Hot Picks 1206 on the left of the tag. That was too late ! The impression is so faint it is hardly visible.
For my pediments, I used a Spellbinder Nestie and cut into it with the tip of a flourish die (twice). I tried Linda's technique and stamped into the paint but... maybe I didn't have enough paint on, or the card was too absorbent, but the stamp didn't lift the colour. I tried again without success, so went on to the next step and stamped some lettering in black ink.

For my "plaquette" I used a small nestie, rub ons and glossy accents.

As per Linda's project, I stamped the main image in Archival and embossed. Maybe I wasn't quick enough or the powder I used (Antiquities Crystal) works differently than usual powders but the embossing is really patchy. Still the powder is my latest purchase and I wanted to try it ! I coloured the image with distress inks using Cut & Dry (no suitable markers).

This was a very good exercise and I learnt plenty, so better results next time !

Have you successfully embossed with Archival Inks ? If so any tips ?

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by my journal page today!! Hope you persevere with tags - I love them!! I don't have any of the powder you used, I just used regular clear (not the black that Linda used) and mine is a bit bumpy, but haven't had too much trouble embossing over archival ink. Keep trying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think it looks fabulous! I love that image!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tag, looks good to me I just love the stamped image.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is greaat! It makes me smile.

    ~Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you would know you had so many problems from looking at your tag - it's lovely! I've not embossed with archival, so can't help you there - sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great result and the background looks ace :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow gorgeous, I can't believe you have never made one before its awesome. Happy Crafting :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete