' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Love

Monday 10 February 2014

Love


I am joining in the Love fest that is February with this card. The Arty Inklings wanted something dimensional and I was itching to use my Hexagons die for embossing instead of cutting.


First I used the die to die-cut a stencil out of some scrap paper and emboss the black panel.
Placing the stencil over the embossed panel I applied Versamark directly with the stamp pad.
Then I used 3 shades of micas powders (Imagination Crafts - Earthtones set) whittled down from the 5 pink shades of the set to create a gradated shimmer.

I stamped and embossed in gold a heart (Craft Stamper freebie) and die-cut another heart and an arrow from a Sizzix/Tim Holtz Bigz die. To give more dimension I also embossed the die-cut heart but this time with a folder (wood grain). Some fiddly slots cutting later, I layered them together using foam pads before placing on my background.

The stamped sentiment (old Docrafts set) is stuck on a another die-cut threaded with ribbon.

Zoom on the shine:

I am also entering the following challenges: Imagination Crafts and Lothian Crafts.

Thanks for coming by,

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and effective card. I love the gold and purple together. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous background using the mica powders the colours are gorgeous. A great card.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! So original. Thanks for joining in the challenge this month.
    Pamela
    DT member for Lothian Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. Thanks for joining us at Imagination Crafts & using our products. xx Jan (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely details. Thanks so much for joining the Arty Inklings challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shine is amazing! Love the stencil and card very much. Fab make :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. J'adore ton fond, il est magnifique. Bravo pour la technique de coupe et embossage avec un die aussi, je connaissais mais pas encore testé pour ma part!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Lothian Crafts Online and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, C, I am totally in love with this beautiful card. I am going to CAS that BG. Thanks for how you did it!!

    ReplyDelete