' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Strong and miss

Sunday 16 February 2014

Strong and miss

For the latest quote challenge at the Craft Barn I chose the word Miss and set out to produce a layered background with doily stencils in pink and turquoise shades. But the project took me in a different direction... and the result is nothing like what I was aiming for. Never mind!


First I ironed some wax paper I had die-cut with a Memory box die (Piestra tile) to create some resist. Sadly the effect is not as obvious as I would have liked, once I had applied the layers of mists and Distress inks! I also stamped with a Harlequin stamp (The Artistic Stamper) sprayed with water which created a lovely but subtle effect and a muslin texture stamp (Impression Obsession)
The main image is from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous.

Hope you like,

19 comments:

  1. I love your piece! It is full of color and has just the right amount of texture (to me)! I'd never heard that quote, but it is perfect, and so is the way your chose to attach it to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote and I like the little pulled out page tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shape of your card & your use of colour. Fab quote:-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha Very True - love that quote! Great page

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the subtle effects on the background, and a fab quote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Un joli essai, et même si tu as été un peu déçue par l'effet du resist, moi j'aime beaucoup, c'est doux et coloré à la fois!...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your choice of quote, fabulous background effect, great work.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative, C! Love the quote, and wish I had followed it a little more sometimes and sometimes not!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that quote ! Great work with the wonderful stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many is the time when the end product is nothing like what was in my head when a I started - but your end product is lovely - all those delicious textures and a great quote too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great quote and very colourful page too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great quote - I can just imagine Ms Hepburn saying it too! Love your layout, great colours and a super set of images. MMx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fantastic work, Love the stamps background and great quote.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the most unique shape I've seen and I like it. What a clever way to use the miss quote, too. I'm not much of a stamper, so I applaud your ability.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous quote and it is so true! Love all the layers and textures you have created in your gorgeous colourful piece of art.

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! Such lovely colours and a great quote! Have answered your question on my blog, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete