' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: It's Men O'clock!

Sunday 8 June 2014

It's Men O'clock!

I haven't had much time to blog or craft these past few weeks and I couldn't wait to get back into crafting, especially after this weekend's visit to the Craft Barn Extravaganza, a chance to see new products in action, learn new techniques and meet people as well as shop! It' still on today...

Yep, it's June and everyone is thinking Father's day. I know of a clock mad father so this was the start of my design along with vintage colours.


The background paper is from Woodware (Vintage 1 Perfect Prints) and I inked it up with Distress inks and embossed several clocks (Craft Stamper & Docrafts Magazine freebies and an old clear stamp from Art Impression) in gold, black and vanilla powders.

I stamped and die-cut the greeting from Old Crock Stamp Set (Hobby Art), which I won recently, along with the background paper at Lisa B Designs .
I die cut a rick rack shape out of metal (recycled tomato sauce tube), and a clip (Papertrey Ink) added some twine and matted everything on a pierced piece of cardstock.

Finally my (time)piece de resistance... a die-cut and stamped clock out of shrink plastic, which turned out very fiddly to cut,  I had to finish with a craft knife and this took forever!

I am entering the following challenges Fashionable Stamping (Like Clockwork), Country View Crafts (Only Men Allowed), Pan Pastel UK (One for the boys),  Ladybug Crafts (Something for the boys).

An update on my phone cover. The good news is that the width was a perfect fit, the less good news is the cover was a little shorter than I wished. Still, it does the job and this gives me an opportunity to make another, better one!

Enjoy this Sunday's sunshine (if you have it where you are), and keep on crafting...

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love the rick rack made from the recycled tube ! Thanks for joining us at CVC. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elle est absolument superbe cette carte!!! J'aime bien ce mélange de d'horloges et de petites choses que tu y as placées, et ton cadre avec les trous d'aiguille.. Très joli. Et tu as pu aller au Craft Barn, quelle chance, je t'envie!.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic man card with some terrific ideas

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Seeing the vintage gears always reminds me of the old dial telephones and cord boards. LOLOL I used to use those boards and I guess that's why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Fathers Day card! Thanks for joining in with us at FSC.
    Love
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, fab stamping! perfect for our One for the boys challenge at http://panpasteluk.blogspot.co.uk/ and Fashionable Stamping Challenges too
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete