' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Postcard from Italy

Wednesday 16 July 2014

Postcard from Italy

For this card I have chosen my products first (the ones I wanted to play with!), added scraps to my craft table and set about coming up with something!

I chose the stamp because I love photo realistic stamps and this is one I don't get to use often, it's one of a full sheet from Katzelkraft (KTZ55).
Then I wanted to play with the new (to me) embossing folder (Eiffel Tower-Tim Holtz), and selected the Harlequin motif from one side. I was thinking of adding an embossed "postcard" motif, also by TH but run out of space.
For patterned paper I wanted to use the cardboard from a Gü dessert package. They often have lovely patterns inside and it's not the first time I use them in projects...
Do I eat dessert because I want to craft, or am I justifying my dessert purchases with crafting? No comment!
Finally I had to break into a pack of Lutradur bought for me by my OH who knows I am always looking for new materials. I decided to use it to make flowers with the Sizzix Tattered Flowers die as it has been a long time since I haven't used it.


I inked my patterned paper with Distress Inks in Chipped Sapphire and then with a white gel pen went over the motifs.
After die-cutting my flowers I coloured them with lime acrylic paint and over-stamped using Versacraft ink in red with another Katzelkraft stamp this time from an older Christmas set (2008), which may be retired, it's meant to be "falling snow" but worked as my dotty pattern! The ink has sunk a bit in the Lutradur but I don't mind, the effect is softer.
Then I used my heat gun to mould the petals and this worked well except for my fingers!

I am entering my postcard from Italy inspired by Tim Holtz's products in the following challenges Katzelkraft, Pan Pastel UK, Wedodoobadoo and Artful Times challenges.

Thanks for coming by,

13 comments:

  1. I have to admit to my Gü pudding obsession... Have just got rid of over 50 glass ramekins, consumed over 5 years i hasten to add! The box inners are very upcyclable!

    Great card, love the lutrador flowers a lot:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about Italy - in particular Venice and this mask reminds me so much of lovely holidays there. I love masks so think I need to look out this full sheet to see what is on it. Love the composition of your finished artwork.
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Italy card. I love the photo realistic stamps too and have this plate myself. I haven't used it for some time so your card is great motivation to get it out and play with it again. Thank you for sharing, this is a lovely project.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superbe. Merci pour ta participation et bonne chance. Sandrine VACHON

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely design with a great Venetian atmosphere: beautifully composed. Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag, love the mask. Thank you for joining us on Artful Times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elle est superbe ta carte, bonne chance pour le challenge Katzelkraft ! (en particulier, mais les autres aussi bien sûr Lol). Bon week-end, bises

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous postcard from Italy. Love the photo stamp and those wonderful flowers.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, I love the embossed background which adds wonderful texture and the mask backing paper which combines beautifully with the focal image. Your flowers are a lovely touch. Thanks so much for joining in the Katzelkraft Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is wonderful and the card is beautiful! I like how you mounted her and then did your flowers so they would accentuate her and the BG too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for joining in the callenge on the Katzelkraft blog with this beautiful creation! The winner will be nnounced Friday, with the new theme for August!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your unique card design and the Lutradur flowers. My imagination shows me an invite to the venecian carnival i really would enjoy to visit. :o)

    ReplyDelete