' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: CAS Magenta Stencil

Saturday 21 May 2016

CAS Magenta Stencil

Today's card is plan B, so much so that it doesn't bear any resemblance to what I tried to make the first time! I would show you but it's so bad I can't face it...

I got inspiration from the Stamplorations CAS challenge and Simon Says Stamps to design my card and although it looks simple and is easy to make it took me a long time coming up with an arrangement I was happy with. I still don't know if it's "right" or not !


I used watercolour card as my base and stencilled what I think looks like Magenta ink (TCW Mini Ledger).
I added a sentiment (Papertrey ink - Delightful Dahlia Additions) embossed with green embossing powder (Olive by WOW Embossing powder).
My embellishment is made up of a Marianne Design flower, die-cut out of felt, and a brad all of it retrieved from the furthest confines of my stash and very nearly forgotten.

And before you leave, can I remind you there is a special Anniversary Blog hop going on at Country View Challenges where a Sizzix Big shot and Die Bundle is up for grabs. Read all the details here you still have a week to enter!
Entering the Allsorts, SSS Monday, SSS Wednesday, WOW Embossing powder and Casology challenges.

14 comments:

  1. Great pop of magenta on your card. That looks like a cool stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely design and colours Christine, many thanks for joining our Birthday celebrations at Allsorts challenge.

    Have a good Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love that stenciled BG !
    Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is perfectly right and lovely! Do you know that it takes hours for me to make a C&S cards? Hours! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at the WOW embossing challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elle est mignonne ta petite carte Christine! Ce n'est pas forcément le style qui me plaît le plus, mais ça change... et elle est originale avec cette belle fleur en velours rouge au coeur vert :) Bises

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Christine!! Great card. I love the subtleness of the stencil. Great job.Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card. the felt flower really pops. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's often the most simple cards which take the longest to create. And we all have those days when the thing in front of you doesn't bear the least bit of resemblance to the thing in your head. But well done for persevering, this is lovely and the magenta is gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  11. The soft stenciling looks cool with a pop of mangenta! Thank you so much for playing along with us at STAMPlorations this month! :)
    Suchi- DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great card
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Missed this make Christine, for some reason it didn't get to my in box. Better late than never to say how much I adore the very subtle background it makes everything sit on the card perfectly.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, loving the pink stenciling and the black sentiment on top of it. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations May challenge, hope to see you in June also.

    ReplyDelete