' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Monoprints

Tuesday 10 May 2016

Monoprints

Paper Artsy challenged us to do some monoprints this fortnight.

As luck would have it I tried this on the very first warm day of the year and the paint kept drying out on me...  I got these (lacklustre) results:

Not great....




Although I quite liked this one as it reminded me of a sunset scene over London or Venice maybe. A great starting point if I could paint better...






Then there was this one, which may have some potential...


And finally the one I chose for today's project:




The tools I used to make marks were all found in the kitchen.... a cork, a fancy bottle top, and a receptacle that comes with the washing powder.
I added the yellow circles with a Circle stencil (Tando - Random circles) and coloured embossing paste.





To finish the page I added stamps from the Paper Artsy 1601 and journaling stamps from Prima.

I didn't have time to play more but this has certainly given me a taste for monoprints... I am considering getting a Gelli plate or maybe trying that DIY recipe!
Thanks for coming by,
Also entering the SSS Wednesday, We Love to Create and SSS Monday challenges

10 comments:

  1. Terrific ideas on this and great colours

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super colours, texture and design Christine, a really eye catching piece.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely! What a great way to use stencil to add texture! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a lot of fun with these! Those big yellow circles are a great touch! I am so glad you joined us in this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool printing experiments - I love that you used all those household bits and bobs to get your effects.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just fabulous! I love this challenge and wish I could play. I was so inspired by the video on using the gelli on the PA blog recently. Love that you even have the stamps to recreate that. Awesome! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. They all look good to me Christine but the one you chose is rather delicious. Great piece.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea and fab results. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh really like this Christine, love the pop of yellow xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous project hunni thanks for join in the fun with us, hugs Aly xxx

    ReplyDelete