' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Whistle While You Work

Saturday 27 August 2016

Whistle While You Work

First let me welcome my latest subscriber, Sandma's Handmade Cards, who marks my 50th blogger subscription! It feels incredible to see my blog grow, slowly but surely... So I'll take this opportunity to thank ALL my subscribers, Blogger, email, RSS or other ways that I'm not even aware of for taking an interest and the time to visit and leave sweet comments!

Recently, I was lucky to win some Paperbabe Stamps goodies and they needed to be inked up!

The cute animals and funky mushrooms of the Whimsical Woodland set 3 reminded me of the Whistle While You Work song from the Disney film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, when rabbits, squirrels, and birds are doing the housework with Snow White. [I would include a link to a YouTube video but for the thorny issue of copyright; still, most of you will know this iconic piece of animation].

Regular readers will know I love creating scenes with my stamps and so the small sets in the Whimsical Woodland collection are well designed for the purpose, with elements that can be inked separately and combined in any way you wish. Paperbabe also makes matching wooden (MDF) shapes for the Whimsical critters and I'm mulling over the possibilities.


I used my new Kaleidocolor stamp pad for all the coloured stamps and black Memento for the sentiment, the rabbit eyes, paws and mouse features.

I die cut my ivory base with a Stitched square die (Crafts Too PCD89), partially cutting to obtain a rectangle instead of a square.

I felt the card needed something in the top corner so I added the Hedgehog.

I seem to be in a non-Vintage crafting period, which is so unlike me... I blame it on the weather!


I am also entering the Casology and Unikostudio challenges.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card in gorgeous colours! Love how the stamped images turned out with your Kaleidocolor pad - they look as if they were painted with watercolours! Funny sentiment. Wish I could still do that.... LOL
    Thank you for leaving a comment on my CASology FUN card last night!
    PS: I do indeed remember the 'Wistle while you work' song and that scene from the movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute but very stylish Christine and a perfect colour choice to bring the images to life. Your prize went in the post yesterday, remembered to hold it back, got it ready and then forgot to actually post it !!

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful collection of stamps to win and you used them in such a different and beautiful way on this card.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Contente de te retrouver avec une aussi jolie carte... Tout simplement adorable celle-ci!!!
    Je vais continuer mon petit tour, je sais que tu as posté d'autres choses... :)
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh they're very cute and love the advice in the sentiment. Thanks for playing at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute little critters. Greta card. Thanks for playing at Uniko Studio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, your critters are so cute! I love the way you colored them, just fabulous. Adorable sentiment, too! Thanks for joining in the FUN at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cuteness of this make Christine so very sweet. Great choice of colours also.

    Back in the land of the living after having a fabulous holiday but time to visit all that I have missed in blogland. Starting with scrolling down and seeing what I have missed.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and love how you tied it into a song - genius! Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Challenge & my apologies for commenting SO late. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete