' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Feline tag

Monday 29 May 2017

Feline tag

A few challenges were requiring animals and I just inherited of a stamp set with Vintage cats' images that I just wanted to use! It was sold by Lakeland at the time so very very old!

I played for ages with my background and now can't remember the sequence of things but after the gesso I had several layers of Infusions and matt medium, Distress Oxides, Crackle paste, Grunge paste mixed with black paint and finally brushos...

It's that last bit that turned my tag into a fully grungy and dark piece, instead of the multicolour bursts I had in my mind's eye. Oh well...

I stamped the cats on tissue paper and using an acrylic paint pen coated the back before sticking down on the tag. I added a quote from A Paperbabe stamp set using the mouse from the same set as an accent.
Some Treasure Cold in Onyxite add a bit of shine on the Grunge Paste circles and butterflies.

I hope you've enjoyed your long weekend and took the time to craft too!
I am entering the SSS Monday, SSS Wednesday, That's Crafty, A Vintage Journey, Creative Mixed Media and SanDee & amelie's Steampunk Challenge challenges.

9 comments:

  1. A terrific tag with wonderful colours and images

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great techniques on your tag - it almost looks like it is burned on the edges! Love the cats and fun quote sentiment! thank you for joining us in the A Vintage Journey Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forcément avec des chats j'adore mais en plus il est superbement réalisé avec un super rendu. Bravo. Bonne semaine. Bizzz

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous tag, I love the little cats.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super joli tag!!!! Bravo Christine... Je me permets de le mettre sur mon board d'inspiration de Tags sous Pinterest ;)
    Bises, j'espère que tout va bien.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your color and texture combination, wonderful!Many thanks for sharing with us at SanDee & Amelies Steampunk Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your rusty tag with those cute kitties! Thank you for sharing this with us at A Vintage Journey! You have been so supportive of the challenge this month--thank you! Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the grungy look and the cats make the tag look sweet and not so dark.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous tag. Love the background.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete