' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Iconic

Thursday 26 October 2017

Iconic

The wooden hinged diptychs remind me of Byzantine icons and this is the inspiration for my Craft Barn DT post today.


The past, and present face each other on the inside:



I used several techniques to give an aged look to my diptych and you can read all the details on the Craft Barn blog.

Supplies:
Hinged wooden icon
Gesso
Paper Artsy stamps from LCP02 and HP1008
Brilliance ink in Graphite Black
DecoArt and Paper Artsy Fresco paints
Mini layering stencils TH010
Gilding wax
Crackle medium

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the SSS Wednesday, Creative Artiste challenges.

4 comments:

  1. Super project. Really like the red and the gold. Lovely aged effect. The stamp HP1008 has gone on my wish list!!! lol! Never noticed that one before although I have seen the set many times.
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'est super beau !!!
    Tu as très bien choisi tes images, et l'ensemble est du plus bel effet...
    Je vais de ce pas voir ton post sur le Craft Barn !
    Bises et bon week-end Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the past and present facing each other xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab project and love the aged look.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete