' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Back and rebooted!

Tuesday 1 October 2019

Back and rebooted!

Today starts a new term at STAMPLorations and the old Theme & Sketch challenge has now evolved into the Theme & Photo prompt challenge.

https://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2019/10/october-challenge.html


In this card I tried to replicate the photo inspiration's stark contrast of the black background with the colours of the motifs, by using an emboss resist technique.


First I applied Distress inks on the lower half of my card and through the Retro Circles Stencil on the upper half.

Then I stamped and embossed with clear powder 4 of the images from the For the Birds set.

Next comes the scary stage... I took a Memento Black inkpad and "smooshed" it directly on the card. I chose this method rather than paint and brush to avoid getting the cardstock too wet.

Taking a cloth I rubbed over the embossed areas to reveal the image underneath. The ink also picked out the detail of the embossing from the Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Die, giving a distressed effect I liked.

I added a sticker sentiment from the Shine Bright set and voila, my finished card:


Your turn to create something with 3 colours or less and/or following our photo inspiration. There are prizes to be won... a $15 gift certificate to the winner and $10 to the runner up chosen by a DT member as well as a $5 gift certificate each to three randomly drawn players.

***
And don't forget, whenever  you shop for STAMPlorations products you can get 20% off with my code: STAMPGIRLCRAFTY
***
Thanks for coming by,


I am entering the SSS Wednesday challenge.



       

8 comments:

  1. Such a dramatic card Christine and thanks for including the stencil link as it's one I definitely need.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah mais c'est super, ça !!!
    Chouette technique pour une belle carte... je la mettrai sans doute en pratique dans mon groupe enfants, je vais essayer de ne pas oublier, merci Christine !
    Carrément moins salissant que la peinture noire ;-)
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  3. Et au passage, il est drôlement joli ce die... Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so effective. I hardly ever use black, even for stamping let alone as boldly as this, but this could tempt me. The glow of the birds against the dark shadows is wonderful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many different techniques in just one card! Such a creative idea to use the ink pad directly to revel the embossing, would not have thought of that. Also, just love love love that retro circles stencil, it just elevates anything don't you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine, gorgeous card and these birdie stamps are lovely. This is a great technique and I love how you've used it you clever lady. Hope the weekend is good for you. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I always love this technique for fabulous contrasting cards. A great project xx

    ReplyDelete