' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Just as you are

Tuesday 15 October 2019

Just as you are

Have you entered the STAMPLorations Theme & Photo Prompt Challenge yet? Only 2 weeks to go,  but I am here today to show you how I used the October Theme &  Photo Prompt. 

 


For my second make I took my inspiration from the plants in the photo, whilst still using only 3 colours (you can add white, black, and other neutral tones such as beige, ivory, greys …)



The image is a bit more colourful than I intended but this is due to my choice of colouring medium. I love stamping in colour so I had decided to do just that with the succulent image from Thankful & Blessed and used some Ecoline markers to ink my stamp.

I had never used them in this way before and they are so much more vibrant than pans or tubes watercolour, that there was enough colour in the line stamping to colour the leaves (without adding more). Now I'll know for next time...

I created a mask and used my stamping platform to get the right colours and sections of the stamp to print.

Then I used a water brush to tease out the colour from the stamped lines and colour the image. I added washes of colour around the image by picking up the colour with the brush from an acrylic bloc scribbled with the pens.

I added the sentiment from the Fond Expressions 2 stamped in Versafine Onyx black.

Your turn to create something with 3 colours or less and/or following our photo inspiration. There are prizes to be won... a $15 gift certificate to the winner and $10 to the runner up chosen by a DT member as well as a $5 gift certificate each to three randomly drawn players.

***
And don't forget, whenever  you shop for STAMPlorations products you can get 20% off with my code: STAMPGIRLCRAFTY
***

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the Craft Stamper challenge.


   

10 comments:

  1. I think it's beautiful Christine and lovely watercolour effect, you are right about Econline's though, yes they are vibrant. I remember taking the original inks onto C&C many years ago and everyone thought I had lost the plot with such vibrant colours, how craft has evolved!

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the bright colours. Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. ... the colours looks so vibrant and I love the technique that you used 😀. The way the colours have blended looks amazing! Wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x
      p.s. sorry about the broken message, I have fat fingers ...lol 😉. xx

      Delete
  4. Oh, how lovely! It might be more colour than you were expecting but I think it looks fantastic. I love how you've drawn the colour in from the stamped lines on the flowers, leaving that soft, feathered outline, and the surrounding background is magical. So pretty.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Christine this is gorgeous. I need to look at these markers as this is really lovely. Beautiful! Happy creative weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love the bright colours they are fantastic. I find this card really uplifting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ça change, très agréable à regarder!!!!

    ReplyDelete