' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: By the Sea

Tuesday 28 January 2020

By the Sea

I don't know about you but I am already fed up with winter, the beach is what I am thinking about...

Today's card is effectively the illustration of my wish for this year, a beach holiday, and preferably one in a hot country! The photographic effect is one of my favourite and the stamps I have used are also among my favourites (I do have a lot…)


The stamps are from Crafty Individuals, the deck chairs from the CI-154 set and the palm tree from the CI-497 stamp.


I stamped and masked the deckchairs before applying dye inks on the glossy cardstock. Cutting the mask was very fiddly but essential for the effect to work.
I used a piece of Prima washi tape in a large width and cut it entirely with a craft knife. The tape is very fine, which is an advantage for stamping, but very fragile when cut, and it did tear when I took it off.

I then stamped the palm tree and the sentiment, also from the CI-154 set to finish.

I can dream a little....
  I am entering the The Artistic Stamper, Craft Stamper TIMIStamping Sensations challenges.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, yes... that looks like an excellent holiday destination. Beautiful blue skies (with just the right amount of soft cloud to cool you down every so often), perfect textural ripples in the sand, the deepening blue of the sea offshore, and so peaceful! You've captured it to perfection - well worth the fiddly mask-cutting.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Excellent colouring and shadows to create this effect. Well worth the fiddliness! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful evocation of summer! Wonderful colouring and attention to detail. Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I come too Christine as I can feel the heat of the sun, a super feel of tropical beaches and well done on persevering with the masks, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Stamping Sensations January challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd definitely like to be on a beach right now ..... it's freezing here!!
    Fabulous card .... thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic. Brilliant stamping and colouring.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, I love this! That's such a fabulous stamp and I can just imagine sitting in the sunshine looking at the sea view and maybe enjoying a cocktail or two ... lol 😉. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super chouette et très belle cette carte aussi !!! Bravo pour ton travail des ombres, qui fait tout le charme et la différence...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ça me donne des envies de voyages et de vacances. elle est superbement réalisée.

    ReplyDelete