' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Seahorse

Saturday 11 April 2020

Seahorse


I should have been showing you rabbits, chicks or hens today but... Seahorses have been popular in the stamping world recently and I had valiantly resisted buying one. Then, I saw this cute one from Lavinia and caved... I love the delicate filaments of this design.

My background is Gelatos on a polymer rectangle sprayed with water (wouldn't recommend this method, inks work much better for this).

I then stamped the Seahorse with black Versafine and overstamped with Versamark, using my stamping platform.


I needed the base colour of black for the Seahorse to be visible when in the shade, but in the sun... it's the silver mica I applied over the Versamark that is visible :


I added a wooden anchor (old stash) and 2 sentiments from the Sizzix Thinlits Vacation Words by Tim Holtz.

Happy Easter!
I am entering the Allsorts, Craft Stamper TIMI, Penny Black and more  and Addicted to Stamps challenges.

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow Christine that is a great way to use that stamp, beautiful effect. Tracey just comes up with the most gorgeous images. I've done a bit more in the cabin and you're right the heavy jobs are just about complete but I have a load of stuff still in the loft and I'm going to sort it out soon, one bag for the charity shop (obviously when things are back to normal), one for the craft club and one for the bin then if there is anything else that I just can't let go I may need to keep it! It's the stuff for the bin that might be hardest! Take care and have a lovely Easter, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Sebastian is a rather lovely Seahorse isn't he Christine so I can see the temptation and he looks splendid given the silver treatment, thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again Christine to also say thanks for sharing at Penny Black and More challenge, I'm not able to pick out the small print on your blog links so only realised when I went to the challenge post.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That silvery gleam is completely magical - just right for a seahorse (utterly strange and extraordinary creatures!). A really lovely card. Stay safe, stay well and happy Easter.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty! Love the shimmer!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really clever and effective to get the dark and silvery images for different lighting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW ! Love how this beautiful seahorse shines ! Gorgeous CAS design. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Du plus bel effet cet hippocampe.Tout en sobriété et élégance.

    ReplyDelete