' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Bloom and Bees

Monday 4 May 2020

Bloom and Bees

I have been meaning to use a stamp set I got a few months ago, just before my mojo left me in the lurch, and this weekend I finally got around to it!

I used a gelli print as a base for my page, one of the rare ones that I actually liked. If I remember correctly the stencils I used are the 6x6 Gears from TCW, a die-cut with the Hexagons Cover plate from Papertrey ink and Tim Holtz/Sizzix Mixed Media Thinlits. The paints I used were Paper Artsy Frescos.

I added some embossed motifs with the Stamperia Wallpaper Music and Writings and Wow! powders in Grape and Olive as well as some stamping with the Calligraphy mat 13 by The Artistic Stamper in Versamagic Aubergine.

The flower, bees, dictionary definition and small honeycomb motifs are stamps from the Sunflower Bee set (by Julie Hickey). There is a matching die set which I used to give a bit of dimension to the flower. I added a stem from a Sizzix thinlit die set (Wildflower stems 2) and the "Artful Blooms" top right is from the ELB03 set by Paper Artsy.


Lo and behold... I both enjoyed the process and like the result, a very unusual state of affairs...

Now I only hope you will like it too!!!

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the Paperbabe, Stamping Sensations, The Artistic Stamper, Vintage Journey, We Love 2 Create, SSS Monday challenges.

9 comments:

  1. Liking the process and the result is definitely a double win! I wasn't there for the process, but I definitely like the result. Your glowing sunflower is fabulous with its dimensional second layer of petals, and I just love the bluesy print with soft smoky "clouds" of white in the background. Really gorgeous. Glad that the stamps finally got an outing!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful piece of art!Love the background and it really makes that stunning sunflower with it's added layer pop off the page Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really fabulous background which perfectly compliments the sunflower. Looks like your mojo is back xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely floral creation and sure to bring a smile to your face, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Stamping Sensations 'Say it with Flowers' theme this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning bloom and bee creation! The gelli plate background looks beautiful with the pretty 3D yellow flower - I love it 😁. Happy and creative wishes! Stay well! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey too! Hugs, Jo x

      Delete
  6. What a great style/design. Beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, love the dimension on the flower!
    Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create With Polkadoodles! Jane (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your gelli print is lush, and so is your beautiful sunflower, thank you so much for joining in the artistic stamper challenge x

    ReplyDelete