' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Visibly recycled

Saturday 30 May 2020

Visibly recycled

I have been meaning to upcycle these pots for storage and needed a bit of incitement and inspiration in equal measure. The Visible Image challenge has seen to that so there it goes:


I first drew a template for the piece of paper I would need to fit around the pot. Trial and error... hours later I used my Gelli plate to print several colours of Fresco paints (Paper Artsy) on the paper. 

When dry, I stamped the eyes (Where Dreams Take You from Visible Image), reversing the left one by stamping it on the back of another clear stamp. I added white colour pencil and blue for the iris to enhance the features. 

For more interest I stamped fragments of script and maps from the Scripted Streets set (also Visible Image).

I also used some washi tape to the top and a circle of painted paper to the lid to disguise as much of the ugly plastic as I could.

One down, 4 to go...

Thanks for coming by,

1 comment:

  1. What a transformation! I love how you have decorated these pots with the mesmerising eyes and I bet they'll make great storage too 😀. Hope you are having a lovely week! Stay safe and well! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete