' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Wheat or grass?

Friday 26 February 2021

Wheat or grass?

This is my second set of Katzelkraft samples made for the Hochanda (my first post is here). This time I used the Wheat Fields image to create 2 CAS cards.

First a classic landscape, as realistic as I could make it: 
Using my stamping platform, I stamped the Wheat fields (KTZ118) with several colours of inks, mixing Distress and Distress Oxides. Do be careful not to cross-contaminate inkpads by cleaning the stamps between ink types!
I did a second stamping, offset to the right of the first, with slightly paler colours.

With the blade of grass in place, I added the sky and background grass, indicated with a light dusting of Distress inks.
I added a bird which is also on a Katzelkraft stamp, BIGZ (KTZ137).

Next, a more whimsical make with the Meerkats peering over the "grasses" as is natural to them.


To create the impression the Meerkats are behind the grasses, I stamped and embossed them first, using coloured inks and clear powder.

Then I stamped one of the meerkat from the set (Suricates - KTZ216) 3 times, changing the colours and height as if they were different individuals.

I coloured the meerkats with pencils.  

The sentiment is a Unity stamp (set or name unknown)

And, as I kept the best for last, do come back to check my Meerkats family album which will be published in the coming days.

You can catch the Hochanda shows on replay here and here.


Thanks for coming by,

I am entering the SSS Wednesday, Paperbabe challenges.

7 comments:

  1. I'd never hear of this company until the other day but really like the looks of their stamps and two super samples here Christine.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely samples and I especially like those pensive meerkats. I'll have to go and check out the shows. Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first card is so pretty, I think it would make a lovely Sympathy card and when I seen the Meerkats card I had to laugh. They are so cute and funny. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. Stay Safe!
    cindys-greencricut

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Christine! The meerkats are heaps of fun. I'm looking forward to seeing the family album.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! Two stunners. Love the first for its simplicity. Adore the meercats. Brilliant stamping and colouring Christine. Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love them both, from the subtle calmness as the breeze blows those long grasses to the cuteness of the Meerkat, stamped to form a trio, I'm wondering what they are all looking at now... maybe the weekend sunshine and where it has gone too hee hee!! Thanks so much for sharing again over @ Paperbabe Stamps.
    Good luck in the Anything goes Challenge Hugs Tracey (DT) x

    ReplyDelete