' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: New Year cards with glitter

Saturday 1 January 2022

New Year cards with glitter

Did you welcome 2022 in style? Well I hope your are are ready for a whole new Country View Challenge! Our theme this month, chosen by Jo, is "Your year to sparkle and shine".  

I made this New Year card with glistening snow : 


I used an old aperture card which matched quite well the  Sizzix Christmas Shadow Box by Courtney Chilson (663611) set of dies. I cut out the trees from a failed background and the snow from glitter paper of course! I die-cut some greenery from scraps of green inked card and added glitter and mica powders to them. 

And to use the last aperture card, whilst I had the die set out I created a second card:


The background is a failed alcohol ink experiment (the running theme is using up bits and pieces taking undue space in my "craft room"!).
Without the antlers, it is now a doe with its hooves in the snow and a white rabbit. 

I will be back later this month with another inspiration piece for our Country View Challenge. Do check out the post for all the DT makes and the rules for the challenge (they have changed last month).
What hasn't changed is the £ 20 voucher you could win by linking your project(s)!
 
Thanks for coming by,

 Craftyfield   

9 comments:

  1. Lovely creations to kick start the new year Christine.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are beautiful, Christine, but I love the "failed" background of your second card!!! Have a happy and healthy new year!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards! Happy new Year! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two super cards Christine - I love them both! Happy New Year! Big hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous Christine, I love both versions! Take care and have a very happy 2022, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! Gorgeous cards I especially like the second one, looking forward to the arrival of spring. I hope you have a fabulous year with lots of crafting adventures along the way. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both card, Christine! Perfect use of unliked backgrounds.
    Happy New Year!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Christine. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what gorgeous cards! Loving the glistening snow and how it sparkles and shines - perfect 😁. Thanks for all the sparkle and shine inspiration and wishing you a Happy New Year! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete