' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Creative use of dies

Thursday 17 March 2022

Creative use of dies

Today is my first of 4 Thursday Throwback posts which will pop up on the STAMPlorations blog once a month. 

My crafting is usually stamp based but this Thursday I chose this die-cut based creation by Maureen that had me fascinated.  


You can check the original post here


First I created a camera with my favourite designer papers and used it as a topper on a card front: 


I used  the ATC Tag builder die set and the Tag O'Coffee to cut my pieces and the sentiment is from the Fond Expressions 2 stamp set. 

Next, I made an attempt at making the camera as realistic as I could, taking inspiration from my own camera's colours. 


I used the ATC Tag Builder , the Tag O'Coffee set and Liquid Glass (DecoArt).
Another view showing the dimensional lens:


And for fun I tried my own die-cut recipe for a boat... naive but still recognisable:


Dies are from the ATC Tag BuilderTag O'CoffeeStitched Snow Hills and Basic A2 Panels Nesting Dies sets. The background is Distress Inks with clouds made with Gesso and the Clouds stencil.

You can find out the details for all 3 makes on the STAMPlorations blog. Come back in 4 weeks for my next Throwback Thursday!

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the SSS Wednesday challenge and Addicted to Stamps challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Très mignonnes et rigolotes ces cartes !! Et comme toujours chez toi, c'est très bien fait, bien coordonné et réfléchi dans les détails, donc même si je ne suis pas une adepte du Clean & Simple, j'admire toujours ton style et tes créations!!!
    Bon week-end, bises

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous ! I'm totally in awe with your camera shaped card ! The lens looks so real. Beautiful ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fantastic creations that fit our die cuts theme beautifully. I love how you have been so creative and used dies in a different way than intended to come up with something new. The liquid glass is awesome on the camera card and the final boat card is so sweet!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM, and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the camera cards a great idea for photographer friends xxx

    ReplyDelete