' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Autumn has arrived

Tuesday 3 September 2024

Autumn has arrived

Hello crafters!

Today I have a first inspiration make for our Country View Challenge held in the Facebook  group. This month the theme is "Autumn Richness" and to celebrate the new season, not that it's my favourite, I chose to make a decor item. 


The base has been recycled from a particularly big wooden packaging, the lightweight kind that comes with some ready made dishes. It was round but I cut it as an Octagon and flattened it (I have worked out that an ordinary steam iron works well for that). 

For the background to the "Autumn" I used the AALL & Create die set Infinarty (#39) and the Lavinia stencil Leaf Trails (ST017) with Distress inks.
I added my title, die-cut with the Sizzix Alpha set 662228 and stamped 2 leaves (stamp from my own collection).

The 3D elements are the fantastic mushrooms moulded with the Stamperia Silicone Mould Woodland Mushrooms (KACMA502) and the fallen leaves a mix of die-cuts and punched leaves from cardstock inked with Distress Oxide inks.   

For now, I have left the knots of the twine as you can see them whilst I mull over how I am going to transform the back into a Winter/Christmas decor piece, but, if possible, I will hide them with metallic leaf brads.

To give you an idea what it looks like in situ in the house: 


To enter the challenge, hop on to our friendly group here and upload your project to the challenge album. You could win the Paper Artsy bundle seen below from the Country View Craft shop.



Thanks for coming by,

 Craftyfield     I am entering the  AllsortsSimon Says Stamp Wednesday
                                                        Stamping Sensations,   We Love Stamping
                                                        Simon Says Stamp Monday challenges 

13 comments:

  1. It certainly has arrived and like you not my favourite season, although do like creating for it. Great recycling for a very effective wall hanging. Please you shared at Allsorts, Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges, thank you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shaped hander and recycling, love the Autumn leaves and mushrooms-Autumn is my favourite Season probably because I was born in the Autumn lol.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'est super joli !!!!
    Belle idée, et très belle association entre les petits champignons moulés, les feuilles, ce beau rond et ton octogone fait de récup, carrément BRAVO !
    Mais zut alors, déjà l'automne... J'ai l'impression de ne pas avoir eu d'été, ou de ne pas en avoir profité ! :-(
    J'espère que toi oui...
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, I could look at it all day! Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops! thanks also for sharing with us at We Love Stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful wall decoration, perfect for fall!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great decorative piece!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful project! I love autumn and you captured this season so wonderfully on this decorative piece - stunning 😊. I hope you are keeping well and wishing you a very Happy September! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous decorative piece, love the fungi. Thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your decoration looks great. It will make a wonderful gift for someone. It was a great idea to recycle that packaging too. Thanks for sharing it with us at we love stamping xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. At last time and headspace to catch up on blogs. I shall work may way backwards through your posts! Love this autumnal piece, great repurposing of the packaging x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely creation. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations challenge. Anesha x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a stunning autumnal card! The shaped and folded design is amazing, and I love your autumn mushroom and coloured papers - beautiful 😊. Wishing you a very Happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete