' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Blast from the past

Thursday 29 August 2024

Blast from the past

Hello crafters, 
An oldie but goodie today... both in supplies and technique!

I first smooshed bright inks all over my cardstock and applied black ink to an embossing folder (on the flat side) giving that contrast of bright against dark. The folder is an old Cuttlebug/Provocraft and if I remember correctly the one that convinced me I "needed" a die-cutting machine!

The quote is from the "Life is so much Better" stamp set designed by my crafty friend Brenda from Floral Fantasies. I then die-cut it with another oldie, possibly Nellie Snellen (anyone recognise it let me know, it's some 15 years old and I have lost all details!).

There you have it, an easy card but eye catching.     

Thanks for coming by,

 Craftyfield   I am entering the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge
                                                         We Love Stamping, Stamping Sensations and Allsorts challenges

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous card love the coloured embossed flowers against the black-great technique.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You achieved great results with the inking and EF, I fail miserably usually. And no help with the die, I lost packing and totally forget the makes, I'm OK with make of stamp!! Many thanks for sharing at Allsorts, Stamping Sensations and WLS challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous background and that sentiment is awesome thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fabulous card! I love the technique that you used, the bright coloured embossing really pops against the black - beautiful ❤️. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oldies are goodies and this really stands out and looks great x

    ReplyDelete