Thursday, 2 July 2026

Oriental vibe

Hello crafters, 
Today is the penultimate day of our STAMPLorations Birthday Celebrations.

Whilst playing with the Profile 3 - Slimline stencil with different media I happened on the idea of a two-fer...
Unlike this project stencilled with acrylic paint, I used ink this time (Tsukineko Brilliance), applied directly with the pad to a Gelli plate print. I realised quickly that I was inking the entirety of the stencil and could be wasting a lot of ink! This gave me the idea of trying to transfer the ink onto  another  piece of Gelli plate.

To do this I placed the inked stencil face down on top of the Gelli print and run the sandwich through the die-cutting machine. The ink being slow drying, it did transfer to the Gelli print, which I then die cut with an oval shape die.
I also die-cut the stencilled face with the same oval, obtaining both "positive" and "negative" images... Yin and Yang...

As a nod to the oriental vibe I added some Bamboo stencilling to my base card with green ink, before adding the faces.
The sentiment is computer printed.

*******************
Hop to the STAMPLorations blog to see all of today's gorgeous team projects. Leave a comment letting us know which of the new featured products is your absolute favorite for a chance to win it! 🎂🎉
To celebrate 13 years, shipping is FREE on all US orders of $25 or more this week only – and you'll get the Freebie of the Month automatically included in your order! Happy shopping! 🛍️✨

AND... whenever you shop for STAMPlorations products you can get 20% off with my code: STAMPGIRLCRAFTY


Thanks for coming by,

 Craftyfield   I am entering the challenge
   

2 comments:

  1. A very interesting use for the stencil, great thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verna Angerhofer2 July 2026 at 20:27

    Wow! This is a great design and love the stenciling!

    ReplyDelete